Disclosure: GoodLuckMate.com is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you play through links on our site.
Bulgaria online casinos
Bulgaria is a regulated online casino market, and that means a casino operator has to have a Bulgarian gambling license to legally offer their games and services to residents of the country. If you’re looking for a new online casino to play at in Bulgaria, you’ll have two options: You can play at a legally licensed casino or an illegal unlicensed casino. There are plenty of players who choose the second option, simply because there are more of them to choose from.
- Many game categories — all with a good selection
- Site works equally well from desktop and mobile
- Four different bonuses to choose from
- More than 200 games with progressive jackpots
- Secure casino with an excellent reputation in the industry
- Cryptocurrency banking available
- Over 3,000 casino games
- Multiple live casino suppliers
- Rewarding wager-free bonuses
- Earn loyalty points from your first wager
- Huge selection of online games to choose from
- Safe and secure online site
- Range of banking options available
- Selection of bonuses and promotions available
- Big sportsbook available with a huge range of different markets
- Unique ‘mythical gods’ casino theme
- Impressive live dealer collection
- Multiple currencies and languages available
- Secure casino with top-rated licenses
- Play with bitcoin or traditional currencies
- More than 2800 casino games
- Support through live chat, email and social media
- Free no deposit bonus when you sign up
- Licensed by Curacao eGaming
Finding the best Bulgarian casino online
With a somewhat limited selection of good legal Bulgarian online casinos and a vast selection of casinos without licenses, deciding which casino to sign up and play at might be a bit more difficult than you’d initially expect. It would take a lot for us to recommend that you choose a casino without a license, simply because the benefits of licensed casinos are too great to ignore. After all, your safety should always come first.
Before you choose your casino, you should also do some research to see what they have to offer players from your country. Below are some of the things you should consider:
- Does the casino accept Bulgarian Lev, or will you have to play using a foreign currency such as Euros?
- Does the casino have a Bulgarian gambling license, or is it unlicensed?
- What types of games do you want to play, and does the casino offer a satisfactory selection of these games?
- Will players from Bulgaria be able to partake in any loyalty programs, and promotions — and what about welcome offers?
- Do they offer a site in Bulgarian, or will you have to use their international site in English?
The research required to ensure that you’re choosing the very best online casino in Bulgaria is both complicated and time consuming. The good news is that you won’t have to go through all that trouble because GoodLuckMate’s casino experts have already done the job for you. We’ve compiled a list of all of the Bulgarian casinos available to you. So, you can simply choose the one you like the best and enjoy!
Gambling regulation – The Bulgarian Gambling Act
The Bulgarian Gambling Act covers all kinds of gambling in Bulgaria. In the beginning, the act only covered land-based casinos, but online gambling was included in 2012. Once the country chose to regulate online casinos, there was a rush of them leaving the market because the government was now taxing their profits and they wanted as much as 15% or the turnover, making it next to impossible for a casino to make any kind of profit. However, once the regulators realized what “turnover” really meant for a casino, they amended the law. Now casino operators must pay 20% of their gross earnings from Bulgarian players in tax, which is still high. The high tax on casino revenues is one of the reasons a lot of casino operators choose to not focus on this market, since it’s not very profitable for them.
Bulgarian online casino operators without licenses are blocked by the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in Bulgaria. This does not, however, mean that the casinos can’t be accessed by anyone who knows how to use a proxy or a vpn. In the hunt for the best online casino for Bulgarian players with the best casino bonuses, game selection and other benefits, a lot of players end up on these sites. Of course, a lot of these casinos are completely safe to play at, but this is not true for all of them. And since you’d be playing without the protection of the gambling authority from your country, you’d have much less protection if something were to go wrong.
Casino in Bulgaria
If you’re living in or visiting Bulgaria, there are several options open to you if you want to gamble. There are land-based casinos as well as gambling parlors, so finding a place where you can try your luck or skill should not be a problem. Even though there are a lot of options in terms of land-based casinos, the easiest and most profitable place to play will always be online. The VIP programs, welcome bonuses and game selections are always better, and since you can play under the same license as you would at a physical casino, you’re also just as safe and as well protected when you’re playing online. If you choose to play at an unlicensed casino, that’s another story. If this is the option you want to go for, make sure that you only play at reputable unlicensed casinos like the ones that have been tried and tested by us here at GoodLuckMate.