Disclosure: GoodLuckMate.com is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you play through links on our site.
Denmark online casinos
As a part of the Scandinavian market it’s no wonder that Denmark is a popular country among online casinos. For many years the gambling regulations here seem to have been one of the strictest in Europe, but since even more countries in the region have chosen to regulate their gambling markets Denmark is now, if not relaxed, at least not among the ones that have the most rigid regulations. There are quite a number of online casino Denmark to choose from for this relatively small country’s population, as the gambling authority – Spillemyndigheden – has issued a license to many different online casinos.
- Lots of great games
- Excellent live casino
- Bitcoin accepted
- 24-hour support
- Mobile web design
- Cryptocurrency banking available
- Over 3,000 casino games
- Multiple live casino suppliers
- Rewarding wager-free bonuses
- Earn loyalty points from your first wager
- Play with bitcoin or traditional currencies
- More than 2800 casino games
- Support through live chat, email and social media
- Free no deposit bonus when you sign up
- Licensed by Curacao eGaming
- Choose from 3 different welcome bonuses
- Play Casino, Live Casino, and Odds
- Secure casino licensed by MGA
- Good help page with FAQ and 24/7 support
- Great mobile casino for both mobile and tablet
Finding the best Danish casino online
The first thing a Danish player should make sure of when choosing which casino to gamble at is that the casino has the appropriate license, and that means a license from the Danish Gambling Authority, which is called Spillemyndigheden. In addition there are many other things to consider, if you want to find the best casino online Denmark. Have a look at, and use, this checklist to make sure you’re picking the casino best suited to you:
- Is the casino licensed by Spillemyndigheden, or is it an unlicensed and illegal casino?
- Is it possible for you to use Danish Kroner for deposits and withdrawals, or do you have to use a foregin currency?
- Are there specific games made for Danish players? Such as live table games with a Danish speaking dealer?
- Does the casino operator offer all the games you’re interested in playing?
- Can players from Denmark take part in any exclusive offers, like welcome bonuses, promotions or VIP-programs?
- Does the casino offer native Danish speaking customer support? And if so, how can you contact them?
Even though the Danes might be considered a laid back people compared to their Nordic neighbours, time is still money even in Denmark. That’s why GoodLuckMate has saved Danish players, the time it would take to individually check all the available online casino Denmark options, as we have tested and reviewed tons of casinos for you already. We’ve also taken the liberty of putting together a toplist of all the best casinos, so you can simply pick one and be secure in the knowledge that you are playing at one of the very best online casino Denmark. Take your pick, sign up, and enjoy!
Gambling regulator – Spillemyndigheden
In Denmark the gambling regulator is Spillemyndigheden, and this is a regulator that is a part of the tax authorities. It should therefore not come as a surprise that one of the main reasons Denmark chose to regulate the gambling market, back in 2012, was to make sure that the online casinos that are based in other countries contribute towards the applicable taxes from the funds stemming from residents in Denmark.
Online casinos are, however, not the only form of gambling that Spillemyndigheden regulates, as they are also responsible for making sure that the land-based casinos and bookmakers in Denmark play by their rulebook, which is extensive. Lately one of the main focus areas for the Danish Gambling Authority has been marketing, fair bonus offers as well as responsible gambling. In particular the last subject has made this gambling market more and more difficult for a lot of casino operators, which is a good thing. Stricter regulations for what a casino can and can’t do has ensured that only the best and most committed casinos are left in Denmark, and that is a great benefit for the players.
Casino in Denmark
There are several land-based casinos in Denmark, and since Denmark is not a large country, getting to one within a couple of hours should not be a problem no matter where in the country you live. But, playing online is still the prefered way to go for most Danes, and almost all of the gambling is done at licensed online casinos. In fact, casinos without a license are IP blocked, which should prevent players from accessing them.
However, in this age of technology most users know how to get around an IP block, as a proxy or a vpn is all that is needed. This is also why there are quite a lot of players who play at illegal casinos, that are not licensed to operate in their country. Mostly this is done by players who have registered as a gambling addict with the national register for problem gamblers. Being registered here will make sure you can’t play at any licensed casino, and this is something that is done to protect vulnerable players. But, unfortunately this does not prevent them from signing-up to illegal online establishments, so they can still keep on playing at online casinos, just not at the safe ones.