Disclosure: GoodLuckMate.com is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you play through links on our site.
Romania online casinos
Gambling in Romania has been gaining in popularity recently, especially with a flood of online casinos opening up for business in the Eastern European country. Another factor in the recent boom was the passing of laws in 2015 that enabled iGaming businesses to obtain local licenses and be officially recognized by gambling regulators. In this guide to Romanian online casinos, we will cover how you can find the best sites, sign up for welcome bonuses and give you some top tips about remaining safe when playing slots, table games, and live dealer titles online.
- Many game categories — all with a good selection
- Site works equally well from desktop and mobile
- Four different bonuses to choose from
- More than 200 games with progressive jackpots
- Secure casino with an excellent reputation in the industry
- Cryptocurrency banking available
- Over 3,000 casino games
- Multiple live casino suppliers
- Rewarding wager-free bonuses
- Earn loyalty points from your first wager
- Huge selection of online games to choose from
- Safe and secure online site
- Range of banking options available
- Selection of bonuses and promotions available
- Big sportsbook available with a huge range of different markets
- Play with bitcoin or traditional currencies
- More than 2800 casino games
- Support through live chat, email and social media
- Free no deposit bonus when you sign up
- Licensed by Curacao eGaming
- Choose from 3 different welcome bonuses
- Play Casino, Live Casino, and Odds
- Secure casino licensed by MGA
- Good help page with FAQ and 24/7 support
- Great mobile casino for both mobile and tablet
Finding the best Romanian casino online
With Romania now being a fully regulated market, there are plenty of options when it comes to finding online casinos in the country, with more and more brands accepting Romanian players. There are some important considerations when it comes to picking your next place to play. These include whether the site is fully translated into Romanian, whether your chosen payment method (be that via credit card, eWallet, or cryptocurrency, for example) and if you can contact customer support at any time of the day or night in case you have an issue that needs resolving.
Luckily, GoodLuckMate covers all of the above in our expert casino reviews. Additionally, you’ll be able to access the latest welcome bonuses, be able to read about the significant terms and conditions that affect you, and, of course, what types of casino games you can play. We also review plenty of the best online video slots should you want to find out about the latest releases or the golden oldies. Furthermore, you’ll find plenty of information right here on this site about withdrawal times, limits on how much you can take out at any one time, and what levels of customer support you can expect. So, before you sign up at a Romanian casino, be sure to:
- Read a few different GoodLuckMate casino reviews
- Ensure that your payment method is supported
- Check that the casino accepts the Romanian leu
- See that the entire site is written in your language
- Go over all of the welcome bonus/free spins T&Cs
Once you’ve done all of the above and you’re ready to sign up at a new site, head back over to the GoodLuckMate review so that you can access the best Romanian welcome bonus deals.
Gambling regulation – The Romania National Gambling Office
So long as you’re at least 18 years old, you are legally allowed to gamble in Romania. Beginning in 2010, the government has passed several laws that have made it into a prosperous regulated market. Everything is taken care of by the Romania National Gambling Office, which grants gaming licenses to all sites accepting Romanian players. Since 2015, this authority and the government relaxed the laws so that any site operating in the country had to obtain a license, which has made it much safer for players. Sites that operated illegally before 2015 have now been largely eradicated, which is a big win when it comes to safety and security. Because of this, we predict there will be year-on-year growth in the country’s iGaming sector.
Localized online casinos
As mentioned above, the regulated Romanian gambling market (which includes sports betting sites, as well as online casinos) has been proactive in attracting some of the biggest brands to operate in the country. Also, because of the popularity of gambling within the country, there has been a push to offer sites in the national language. This includes all promotion pages, customer support portals, and live dealer games. Additionally, there are plenty of sites that accept the leu currency for both deposits and withdrawals – although, players can alternatively use euros too. Just be sure to play at sites that carry the respected Romania National Gambling Office license.
Casinos in Romania
Due to the favorable gambling laws in the country, there are plenty of excellent options for players who want a taste of that Las Vegas experience. Most of these are found in the capital city of Bucharest, of course, but many other cities and towns such as Cluj-Napoca, Brasov, and Craiova all have excellent options for a fun night out playing slots, table games, and more. Some of our top recommendations for top Romanian casinos include Fortuna Palace Luxury Games, Palace Casino at Casa Vernescu, Fortuna Palace Promenada (all three of which are located in Bucharest), Casino Parcul Central (in Cluj-Napoca), and the Seven Inn Poker Club (in Brasov), to name but a few. Also, with football and other sports being such big draws in the country, you can easily find retail betting shops in almost all cities and towns of a certain size.