Disclosure: GoodLuckMate.com is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you play through links on our site.
Switzerland online casinos
Switzerland is one of the countries in the world that has recently adopted new gaming regulations. However, the Swiss government is taking a slightly different approach to the conventional way of licensing. Players residing in the country can enjoy several Swiss online casino sites that have local licenses, in addition to playing on sites offered by operators that are licensed elsewhere. There are a significant number of gaming sites that accept Swiss players, which means that you have all kinds of fun to explore!To ensure that you’re able to find the very best online casino in Switzerland, GoodLuckMate has gathered information on Swiss casinos from all across the Internet. You can quickly scroll through the top picks for local players, and from there, it’s quick and easy to sign up, deposit and start playing.
- Many game categories — all with a good selection
- Site works equally well from desktop and mobile
- Four different bonuses to choose from
- More than 200 games with progressive jackpots
- Secure casino with an excellent reputation in the industry
- Cryptocurrency banking available
- Over 3,000 casino games
- Multiple live casino suppliers
- Rewarding wager-free bonuses
- Earn loyalty points from your first wager
- Huge selection of online games to choose from
- Safe and secure online site
- Range of banking options available
- Selection of bonuses and promotions available
- Big sportsbook available with a huge range of different markets
- Unique ‘mythical gods’ casino theme
- Impressive live dealer collection
- Multiple currencies and languages available
- Secure casino with top-rated licenses
- Play with bitcoin or traditional currencies
- More than 2800 casino games
- Support through live chat, email and social media
- Free no deposit bonus when you sign up
- Licensed by Curacao eGaming
Finding the best Swiss casino online
Finding locally licensed operators should be a top priority when you’re searching for your next online casino in Switzerland. Since these casinos are local, they’ll also have plenty of experience dealing with Swiss players, meaning they’ll be sure to provide you with a tailored gaming experience. This might include allowing gameplay with CHF as a currency, providing a special version of their site in German, and offering Swiss exclusive promotions and bonuses.
Unlicensed casinos may also offer a superb selection of games, or they may have other features that tickle your fancy, but there are generally a few things you’ll want to find out when you’re looking for a new casino. Going through the questions in the checklist we’ve compiled for you below will ensure that you know what you’re signing on for when choosing a Swiss online casino.
- Are they licensed locally, internationally, or not at all?
- Can you locate any certifications or stamps of fairness from eCOGRA or similar agencies?
- Does the operator accept Swiss players?
- Are the payment methods that are offered well respected and safe?
- Does the casino offer loyalty programs, bonuses, offers or promotions to Swiss players?
- Can you reach customer support at convenient times using the contact method you prefer?
Of course, for a player, these questions might seem a bit daunting, and it might even be challenging to know where to begin. But don’t worry, GoodLuckMate has already provided you with all the information you might need to know about a casino. Simply head on over to our casino reviews to get a complete overview of all aspects of the site you’re considering.
Gambling regulation – Money Gaming Act & the Ordinance of Money Games.
As mentioned, gambling regulation in Switzerland is rather new since it came into effect at the beginning of 2019. The new regulations allow existing land-based casinos to continue their operations, and they’re also able to apply for licenses that will enable them to offer online casinos in Switzerland. In addition, casinos, lotteries and sports betting operators have been granted licenses to operate online. In contrast to existing local operators, however, no remote operators or local ones that weren’t already established when the law came into effect can currently obtain a Swiss gambling license.
Online gambling sites located outside the country can’t be accessed by locals because they are blocked by a DNS-blocking system. Still, it’s not illegal for a local Swiss player to sign up and play at any casino online in Switzerland that’s not licensed by the MGA. Some of the best online casinos in the world don’t have a Swiss license, so it might be a good idea to check these out to make sure that you’re not missing out.
There is, however, one more positive thing about choosing one an online casinos in Switzerland with a local license. Any winnings from locally licensed casinos are 100% tax free, while winnings from gambling sites outside of the country will come with tax requirements.
Casino in Switzerland
There are currently 21 brick-and-mortar casinos in Switzerland, each with its own selection of slots and table games. Across all casinos, this represents a total of over 4000 slots! In other words, finding a physical location where you can enjoy gaming entertainment isn’t too difficult, and if you play at locally licensed casinos, all of your winnings are completely tax free. In addition, these casinos also offer some of the best online casino entertainment you could hope for when you’re looking for a licensed place to play.
In short, it’s very easy to find a great gambling site that accepts Swiss players where you can enjoy games, bonuses, and promotions. If you opt for a website without a local license, make sure that it’s a site you can trust and that they have a well-regarded license. GoodLuckMate has listed all of the locally and externally licensed casinos that accept Swiss players for your convenience, so you can find detailed information about all of the top casinos for players in Switzerland right on the site.