Disclosure: GoodLuckMate is reader-supported. We may earn a commission if you sign up to a casino via links on our site. Find out more.
Malaysia – Online Casinos & Gambling Regulations
Players who are looking for the best online casinos in Malaysia are finding their new favorite sites right here at GoodLuckMate. Although the country has rather strict prohibitions against gambling because over half of the population is Muslim and Sharia law is observed in the country, there are plenty of options for those who still wish to gamble. Thanks to the lack of strong guidelines regulating the Malaysian gambling market, when it comes to international online casinos, Malays are able to choose from a large selection of casinos online in Malaysia.The best casinos online in Malaysia can be discovered right here at GoodLuckMate. To ensure you’re able to start playing the latest video slots and live casino tables, we’ve compiled a list of the casinos that accept Malay players. Just choose your site, make your deposit, and then get started!
- Customer support available
- Available on desktop & mobile
- Cryptocurrencies accepted
- Generous welcome bonus
- Great selection of bonuses
More information about Malaysia – Online Casinos & Gambling Regulations
Plenty of casinos online will accept players from Malaysia, which is excellent for you because this gives you more options to choose from! Since there are no Malaysian online casinos that operate locally, you might be able to find the ones from outside the country that offer bonuses and promotions specifically to Malaysian players. These operators work under different licenses depending on where they’re located, and they will allow you to sign up and play just like any other player.
Make use of the checklist below to optimize your search for the best online casino in Malaysia. By considering these questions before you start playing, you’ll ensure that you find a safe and fair casino that values its players and provides them with great gaming experiences.
- What license is the casino operating under, and do they have any fairness certifications?
- Can you find the games you want to play, such as slots, live tables, video poker, etc.?
- Does the casino offer payment methods that are convenient for you to use?
- Can you quickly contact their customer support via phone, email and/or chat?
- Are Malays allowed to participate in their loyalty program (if any)?
- Are there any tailor-made Malay promotions available?
There’s an easier way to find a great Malaysia online casino, though. Find an interesting-looking casino from our list and check out our review! Our experts have already analyzed the operators to ensure they offer excellent quality gaming to players. And if they don’t, our reviews will mention that as well.
The gaming situation in Malaysia is a result of the influence of Shariah law on the government and the country’s laws. The Betting Act of 1953 makes it clear that gambling is not allowed, but there are three exceptions to this rule. The Lotteries Act of 1953 allows for minimal lottery activities to occur in controlled forms within the country, and the Racing Act of 1961 allows Malays to bet on horse racing, as long as this is done from the race grounds. Interestingly enough, there’s also a land-based resort in the country that hosts two different casino areas.
In terms of online gambling, although the Betting Act is not specific, it does state that “any form of gambling” is affected by the act. There are no blacklists or ISP-bans of operators outside the country’s borders, which allows players to seek out and engage in gambling at online sites of their own accord. There is still, however, a potential risk — especially for Muslim residents — in participating in this type of gambling as well, since it goes against Sharia law to participate in gambling.
The Genting Casino and the SkyCasino (located in the same resort area) are havens for casino players in the country, and anyone who is over the age of 18 and a non-Muslim can visit them. It’s estimated that around 60% of the Malaysian population is Muslim, which leaves 40% of the populatiion, in addition to tourists visiting the country, as potential casino visitors. There are several hundred different games to play here, and both venues are open 24 hours a day.
If land-based gambling is not what you’re after, unlicensed online casinos in Malaysia are your best bet. We recommend choosing a casino with a well-known license, such as one issued by Malta or Gibraltar. Online casinos located in Europe are often high quality because they operate according to the standards set by the European Union. So, if you want to make sure a casino operator is high quality, we recommend choosing a European casino.