To offer you a full range of functions when you visit our website, recognize your preferences, and make the use of our website more comfortable and convenient, we use “cookies”.
A cookie, pixel, or similar technology is a small file or information saved on your device or browser when you visit a website. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
By using our website, you agree to the use and storage of cookies on your computer or device.
You can generally view our website without cookies, but certain parts of the website may not work properly, or the navigating might be slower.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your computer or device, you can deactivate the relevant option in the system settings of your browser. You can also delete stored cookies in the system settings of your browser at any time.
More information on how to deactivate or delete cookies can be found here: https://www.aboutcookies.org/cookie-faq/. However, please keep in mind that if you do not accept any cookies, this may restrict the functionality of our offerings.
- Necessary in technical terms (technical necessity)
- Stored and used for a certain time period (storage duration)
- Placed and stored by us or a third party (cookie provider)
Cookies that are technical:
- Necessary: We use certain cookies because they are strictly necessary in order for the website and its functions to work properly. These cookies are automatically placed on your computer or device when you access the website or a certain function unless you have set your browser to reject cookies.
- Session cookies: Some cookies are only needed for the duration of your website session, so-called “session cookies”. They will be erased or become invalid as soon as you leave our website or your current session expires. Session cookies are used, for example, to retain certain information during your session.
- Permanent cookies: Some cookies are stored for a longer period. For example, to allow us to recognize you when you access our website again at a later time and access saved settings. As a result, you do not need to set certain options again, such as your chosen language so you can access webpages faster or with greater convenience. Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period.
- Flow cookies: These cookies are used for communication between our internal servers within our company group. They are placed on your computer or device when you start navigating the website and are deleted after the end of your navigation on the website. Flow cookies are given a unique identification number but do not allow us to draw any conclusions regarding the actual customer or user.
- Provider cookies: These are cookies placed by us or the operator of our website, who we commission.
You can deactivate Google Analytics using a browser add-on if you do not wish the website analysis to take place. You can download the add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=. This add-on stores “opt-out” information on your device that matches up your deactivation of Google Analytics. Please note that this kind of “opt-out” only leads to the deactivation of Google Analytics for the device and browser from which the opt-out was activated. In addition, you may need to reactivate it if you delete cookies from your device.
Furthermore, we also use Hotjar, which collects non-personal information with the overall aim of providing you with a better website experience, diagnosing technical problems, and analyzing trends.
Changes to the Policy
Our Cookies Policy may be updated from time to time. Any such changes will then be posted on this page.
Latest update: September 2022