Disclosure: GoodLuckMate is reader-supported. We may earn a commission if you sign up to a casino via links on our site. Find out more.
Ready to play Centurion for real money?
Casinos that offer Inspired Gaming games
It would be hard to find anyone who isn’t fascinated with Ancient Rome. That’s why the great minds at Inspired Gaming took some ample time to craft this online slot based on the exciting era. Here, you will join the Roman Army and rise in ranks to become the commander. While playing, your mission is to defeat your challengers, amass power, and wealth as you rise in leadership. Contrary to the expectations of many punters, the background introduces you to the front of a fighting arena. Instead of a battlefield, you will experience some beautiful countryside. An equally majestic soundtrack accompanies every step of your gameplay. With 20 paylines, the Centurion slot impresses with a bonus wheel featuring impressive extras to help you rack up prizes. Even better, it has a mobile version, playable across Android and iOS. You can try it for free here are GoodLuckMate.
Playing this game will turn out to be easy, even for newbies because it includes basic gameplay and rules. All the action takes place across a blue slot structure with five reels and three lines. Punters will need to match at least three or two symbols of a kind across any active line to receive wins. But, before you even get to the wins, you will need to adjust your bet values first.
The Centurion slot allows for up to 15 stake levels, and you can bet anything between €0.01 to €12.50 per line. Nonetheless, all you need to do is to use the “+” or “-” buttons next to the “Total Bet” display to select your suitable bet. You can pick from as low as €0.20 up until a high of €250 per spin. Afterward, you can manually play using the “Spin” button or activate continuous customizable spins using the auto-play setting.
The symbol representation in Centurion includes up to nine basics of card values besides thematic icons of Roman characters and objects. All winning combinations must occur on consecutive reels starting from the leftmost one. And, in the event of multiple wins across a single line, only the highest pays out.
In this title, the symbols pay in typical categories of low, medium, and high rates. The playing cards Jokers, Kings, and Queens reward the lowest. Land three or more of a kind to receive between 4x to 200x the played line bet. Images of helmets, silver coins, and crossing swords against a shield will pay slightly higher than the poker values. Three to five of the same produce wins between 6x to 300x your stake per line. The Colosseum and a horse-drawn chariot produce 400x the bet per line for five of each. The game logo is the highest-paying, guaranteeing payouts of 500x the line stake for five across a line.
On the other hand, the special wild includes a Golden Laurel Wreath. It replaces all other symbols except the bonus icon to complete winning combos. An image of a soldier inscribed “Bonus” will activate the Centurion bonus feature wheel.
If you’re not yet impressed with the regular payouts, then wait until you land any of the extra rounds. First, when you land three or more bonus icons, you will trigger the bonus feature wheel. You will then need to spin the wheel and receive any of the four features available:
- Prizes on Parade – You get to choose and accumulate cash prizes across the three shielded soldiers until you select the “Collect” option to end it.
- Road to Rome – Get to roll a dice to determine your next move around the board while accumulating prizes. You’ll win a mega cash award when you advance to Rome.
- Wild Power Spins –The centurion progressively places sticky wilds onto the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th reels throughout the power spins.
- Caesars Free Spins – Before starting the round, you’ll receive a random number of Centurion free spins to gamble with an accompanying multiplier.
Another set of bonus features will arise from the reel modifiers awarded by the commander standing to the left of the base game reels. They include:
- Five of a Kind – You receive a five-symbol win at random, without specifying the awarding icon.
- Big Win – Once this sub-feature activates, you will receive a huge win involving the centurion.
- Super Bonus Reels – An extra number of complimentary icons will pop up on the screen, boosting your winning chances.
- Reelus Maximus – Massive 3x3 characters appear on the reels, activating various rewards.
The theoretical average Centurion RTP value is 95%. Further, spinners are in for medium volatility, translating to average win frequencies of moderate amounts. Therefore, managing your bet values per spin will see you limit your losses. Moreover, with a diverse bet range, both conservative players and the big spenders can play this game.