How We Choose Our Top UK Sports Betting Sites
When choosing our recommended top sports betting and new UK sports betting sites, here are the main factors we consider…
When choosing any sports betting online site - especially if they are new betting sites for sports, then trustworthiness should be your top priority. These are the factors we consider when deciding whether or not is it a trusted and reputable site:
- Licence: In the UK, there are lots of licensed online bookmakers. As such we will only recommend betting UK-licensed bookmakers. You can rest assured all of our recommended sites are fully licensed.
- Regulations: Those betting sites online that are working without a licence may not adhere to the stringent regulations required of them - which could lead to trouble. We only list those sites that have a good reputation in the industry for adhering to fair play
The site should also be reliable if you want a great sports betting experience. Here are some of the factors we consider when reviewing their reliability…
- Customer Reviews: We read user reviews to see what experiences people have with those different bookmakers. If they have lots of negative reviews, then they won’t make it to our list of best sports betting sites UK.
- Terms and Conditions: We also examine the terms and conditions of the betting site. Things we focus on here include any charges for your withdrawals etc.
The Size and Reputation of the Bookmaker
The size and reputation of a bookmaker can impact how much risk you are taking by registering a new account with them…
For example, smaller and brand new sports betting sites may have potential cash flow problems. However, generally, if they are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, they have been found to meet the criteria for customer payouts. That being said, larger and more well-established bookies are generally lower risk.
The site should also offer a great user experience - from the second you register to the moment you cash out. We look through the site, register an account and go through the whole process to make sure that it is a good experience. We look at how easy to use the website is, the ease of placing a bet and how easy it is to deposit and withdraw… both on desktop and mobile.
Lots of Sports and Markets
The best betting sites will offer all different sports and markets - preferably with generous odds across the board. The more sports and betting opportunities, the better. It should cater to all different preferences.
No matter how great a site is, sometimes you may need a little help. That’s why the sites that we recommend all offer a top-notch customer support service. Not only are they available around the clock, but they should be contactable in a variety of ways, quick to respond and helpful.
Not only should the site offer plenty of banking options - debit cards, bank transfers, prepaid cards, eWallets and more, but we also expect fast and seamless withdrawals, minimal fees, and high maximum withdrawal limits, so that you can get to your winnings with no problem.
Generous Odds and Promotions
It goes without saying that we know customers want value for money when they place their bets… which is why we make sure that our top recommended online sports betting sites offer generous odds and prices across the board. They should also offer a wide variety of bonuses and promotions so that you can make the most of your betting experience and get the best value possible, no matter what your preferred sport.
Ultimately, the right betting site should align with your specific requirements. Before signing up with a bookmaker, consider what you expect from your bookmaker -markets offered, odds, in-play betting and more then read our in-depth reviews to make an informed decision.
If you are looking for a great football betting site, there are many factors you should consider. Our top recommended betting sites for football will offer a variety of bet types including:
- Match Result: Predicting the winning team or a draw.
- Over/Under Goals: Betting on the total number of goals scored in a match.
- Both Teams to Score (BTTS): Wagering on whether both teams will score.
- Correct Score: Predicting the exact final score of a game.
- First Goalscorer: Betting on the player to score the first goal.
- Corners and Cards: Placing bets on the total corners or cards in a match.
- Asian Handicap: Offering more balanced odds by handicapping teams.
These should cover all different markets from the EPL to more niche leagues. We also expect them to offer lots of football-oriented promotions such as free bets, acca insurance, and enhanced odds. See our top football betting sites here.
Betting on Cricket
When it comes to cricket betting, the best bet types, markets and bonuses add excitement to the game - and our top sites for cricket will offer everything you need. Whether you want to bet on match winner, top batsman or bowler, Over/Under Run, Tournament Outrights, Live Betting or In-Play Specials, they will have you covered..
As for bonuses, our top recommendations will offer all sorts of cricket-related bonuses - free bets, enhanced odds and cashback offers and more. Whether you’re a fan of the IPL or the T20 World Cup, check out our top cricket sites and get betting.
Betting on Tennis
When it comes to tennis betting, our top recommended tennis bookies offer all sorts of exciting bet types, markets and bonuses to explore:
- Match Winner: Betting on the player you believe will win the match.
- Set Betting: Predicting the exact score in sets.
- Total Games: Betting on the total number of games played in a match.
- Handicap Betting: Giving one player a virtual advantage to level the playing field.
- Outright Tournament Winner: Betting on the player you think will win the entire tournament.
- In-Play Betting: Placing bets during live matches as the odds keep changing.
With generous odds and generous bonuses, our preferred bookmakers make sure that you get the best deals for major tournaments like Wimbledon or the US Open - and even the smaller events. For an ace experience, check out the top tennis bookmakers here.
Rugby betting can be incredibly exciting - especially if you are spending your time and money at the right rugby bookmaker. Our top rugby betting sites all offer an array of exciting bet types, markets - and generous odds to get you in the mood. Some of the top bet types to look for include:
- Match Winner
- Handicap Betting
- Total Points.
- First Try Scorer
- Outright Tournament Winner
To help you get the most value for your betting, they will offer free bets, acca insurance, and in-play betting offers and all sorts.
If you’re more of a fan of living life in the fast lane, then F1 betting could be just your thing. At our top F1 betting sites, you’ll find generous odds and bonuses from the Monaco Grand Prix to the British Grand Prix… and every race in-between. And you’ll be inundated with generous bonuses, from acca insurance to cashback offers and free bets.
Try your luck on some of the most popular markets such as Race Winner, Podium Finish, Fastest Lap, Constructor Championship, Driver Championship and many more.
Whether you play on desktop or mobile, whether you prefer ante-post or live betting, these top F1 sites take pole position!
Betting on Boxing
If you’re looking for more of a knockout betting experience, then our top boxing betting sites will certainly pack a punch. They have literally hundreds of bet types and markets to choose from, including:
- Fight Winner: Predicting the boxer who will win the match, either by knockout, points, or decision.
- Round Betting: Betting on which round the fight will end… adding more excitement to the outcome.
- Method of Victory: Bet on how the fight will be won, whether by KO, TKO, points or decision.
- Total Rounds: try to predict if the fight will last over or under a set number of rounds
- Title Winner: Bet on the fighter who will win a championship title.
You’ll find generous odds along with all sorts of boxing-specific promotions, like enhanced odds for big fights or risk-free bets - all providing an extra punch to your betting experience.
Online Betting vs High Street Betting
So why bet online? Well, In recent years, online betting has experienced serious growth - and it is starting to become even more popular than high street betting shops. They are quick, convenient and right there at your fingertips… Then, of course, we had the COVID-19 pandemic - that led to the closure of lots of land-based bookies… forcing sports fans to turn to online platforms as the only available option.
During this time, even those who hadn't previously embraced online betting opened accounts and discovered the convenience of mobile and app-based betting - and all the bonuses and promotions they offered.
Conclusion: Consider Your Options
If you are new to online betting, then it’s essential that you choose the best sports betting site for you… such as those we recommend above. These sports betting UK sites are user-friendly, offer a wide range of betting opportunities, all sorts of deposit methods, excellent customer service, and an overall convenient online betting experience. So, pick your bookie, get your top sports betting tips, claim your bonus and good luck!