How We Choose the Best F1 Online Betting Sites
Choosing the best bookmakers for betting on F1 isn’t easy - and it requires we look through many different areas. Here are the main criteria we consider:
1. Licensing and Regulation:
Really, the most important fact is the site's licensing and regulation. We only recommend F1 betting platforms that are licensed by reputable authorities, such as the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) and the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). These are responsible for ensuring that online casinos and sports betting sites comply with the strictest regulatory standards and offer you a secure betting environment.
2. Welcome Offers and Promotions:
We then assess the quality of welcome offers and promotions available to F1 betting lovers. However, it's not just about the quantity of bonuses; we also look at the value and fairness of the terms and conditions. You should receive a competitive bonus that enhances your F1 betting experience without ridiculously high wagering requirements.
3. F1 Betting Markets:
The variety and depth of F1 betting markets play a massive role in our selection process. Top F1 betting sites should offer a wide range of markets - including standard options such as the race winner, podium finish and pole position, as well as unique markets such as fastest lap, head-to-head bets, and driver matchups.
4. Competitive Odds:
To be considered among the best F1 betting sites, a platform must provide competitive betting odds for F1. As such, we compare and contrast the odds from lots of different bookmakers to see which ones are consistently offering value to F1 bettors. Competitive odds mean that you’ll be able to maximise your potential returns.
5. Live Betting and Streaming:
In-play F1 betting is hugely popular now, which is why we assess whether a betting site offers a smooth and seamless live betting F1 experience. The availability of live streaming or detailed race information is an added bonus - so you can make more informed decisions while watching the race unfold.
6. Payment Methods:
The best F1 betting sites should support lots of secure and convenient payment methods. Ideally, we look for debit cards, e-wallets like PayPal, bank transfers - and even cryptocurrencies in some cases. Instant deposits and efficient withdrawals are a must for a smooth betting experience.
7. Customer Support:
The best sports betting sites will also offer responsive and helpful customer support. We check out the availability of customer support channels - ideally including live chat, email and telephone support… Social media is also a great option. We look for fast response times and knowledgeable support agents so you can get help as and when needed.
8. Mobile Betting Experience:
More and more F1 bettors place bets on their mobile devices. Therefore, we also look at the mobile betting experience - which should include fully optimised mobile sites or downloadable apps for both iOS and Android.
9. Industry Reputation:
As we all know, reputation matters, which is why we consider the overall standing of F1 betting sites in the industry. Those who have a history of fair play, reliability and positive customer reviews are preferred.
How to Bet on F1
How to bet on F1 couldn’t be easier…
- Look through our list of recommended F1 betting sites and choose the one you like the look of. Click on the link over.
- Register for an account by entering the required information. You may need to verify your ID at this point by submitting documentation.
- Make a deposit using one of the accepted payment methods and claim your welcome bonus.
- Open up the sports and click on Formula 1.
- Look through the different races and events and choose your preferred option.
- Look through the different betting markets and click on the odds next to your desired market - and it will be added to your bet slip.
- Enter your stake, check through the details on your bet slip and confirm your bet!
Different Types of F1 Bet
Here are some of the most popular types of F1 bets:
- Race Winner: This is a straightforward bet on which driver will win the race.
- Podium Finish: Here, you bet on whether a driver will finish in the top three positions - providing a little more flexibility than predicting the race winner.
- Pole Position: Bet on which driver will secure the pole position, starting the race from the front of the grid. This is a great qualifying session bet.
- Fastest Lap: This bet involves predicting which driver you think will record the fastest lap time during the race.
- Head-to-Head Bets: With head-to-head bets, you choose one driver to perform better than another in a particular race. Bookmakers usually pair up drivers with similar odds for this type of bet.
- Driver Matchups: Similar to head-to-head bets, driver matchups involve picking one driver to outperform another - often with more options available.
- Constructor Winner: Instead of focusing on individual drivers, you can bet on the team that will win the race or earn the most points over the season.
- Championship Winner: F1 Championship betting is a long-term bet on the driver or constructor who will win the F1 World Championship at the end of the season.
- Prop Bets: Prop bets can cover a wide range of specific events or occurrences during a race. For example, whether there will be a safety car used or how many pit stops a driver might make.
- Live Betting: Placing bets during the race. You can react to events as they happen and make bets on outcomes as the race progresses.
Live Betting on Formula 1
With F1 live betting now offered by the best in-play betting sites, you can place a bet once a race has started.
In fact, many Formula 1 betting markets are perfect for live betting, such as fastest lap… as you’ll have a better idea of who is performing better on the day.
In most instances, you won’t be able to live stream the action on betting sites themselves because of broadcasting rights. However, every race is shown on TV - so make sure you're paying close attention to what’s going on as you’ll need to know exactly what’s happening - ideally with a lot of statistics to hand.
The best bookies will offer cash-out options, so you can even make a live bet after the race has started and withdraw your wins before it has ended.
Top F1 Betting Tips
Here are some of our top tips for getting the best F1 betting experience
Know the Drivers and Teams
Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of F1 drivers and teams is essential. Some drivers perform better on certain circuits, so it's important to keep track of their past performances and current form.
Study Circuit Characteristics
Each F1 circuit is unique, with varying track layouts and conditions. Certain tracks sometimes favour teams with better aerodynamics, while others may suit teams that have more powerful engines. Consider how these factors can affect race outcomes.
Keep an Eye on the Weather
Weather conditions can play a massive role in F1 races. Rain can make the race a lot more unpredictable - and impact tire choices, pit stops and entire race strategies. So make sure you check the weather forecast before placing bets.
Qualifying results will usually give you some insight into a driver's pace and a team's overall performance. Look out for those drivers who always perform well in qualifying sessions as they may have the advantage on race day.
Consider Team Strategies
Team strategies - such as pit stop timing and tire choices, can very much influence race outcomes. Look at how different teams approach their strategies and how these decisions might affect their performance.
F1 is one of the most dynamic sports out there - with positions changing all throughout the race. As such, in-play betting can allow you to take advantage of the ever-changing race situations and odds. So, for example, if a safety car is deployed, it can completely disrupt race strategies and create new betting opportunities.
Consider Driver Head-to-Head Bets
Some bookies offer head-to-head bets, where you can bet on one driver beating another in the race. This is slightly less risky than winner bets - and is a great option, especially if you have a lower risk tolerance. Analyse drivers' historical performances against each other to identify potential value bets.
Use More than One Bookmaker
Different bookmakers will offer different odds for the same F1 event. To get the best value, it’s good to compare odds from several different bookmakers and choose the one that offers the most value.
Always make sure you follow F1 news, updates and expert analyses to stay informed about all the latest developments in the sport. This can give you the edge when making decisions.
Manage Your Bankroll
As always, set a budget for your F1 betting activities and stick to it. Avoid chasing losses, and be disciplined in your betting approach. Remember, always gamble responsibly.
The Best Races for F1 Betting
When it comes to Formula 1 betting, several races stand out as the most significant and popular events of the season. Here are some of the most popular races for F1 betting of the season:
- Monaco Grand Prix: Known for its tight and twisty street circuit in Monte Carlo, the Monaco Grand Prix is always a fan-favourite. Betting on this race involves considering the importance of pole position, as overtaking is notoriously difficult on this track.
- British Grand Prix: Raced on the Silverstone Circuit, it often features unpredictable British weather conditions. What’s more, the "home advantage" for British teams and drivers adds to the excitement.
- Italian Grand Prix: The Monza Circuit is famous for its high-speed straights - and it is a real test of raw engine power. Smart money goes on drivers with strong straight-line speed.
- Belgian Grand Prix: Spa-Francorchamps is one of the most challenging tracks on the circuit, known for its unpredictable weather and lots of elevation changes.
- Japanese Grand Prix: The Suzuka Circuit offers a unique and interesting figure-eight layout - and it is often raced in wet conditions, making it an unpredictable race to bet on.
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: This season-ending race at Yas Marina Circuit is exciting because it can end up determining the World Champion.
Bet Formula 1 Betting Sites and Odds Conclusion
If you like watching the F1, then betting on it is even better. Simply look through our list of top F1 betting sites, claim your bonus, read our top tips and get ready to go. Whether on desktop or mobile, our sites will give you a great experience wherever you are, whenever you want -all in a safe, secure and trustworthy environment.