How We Choose Our Top Rugby Betting Sites
So, what makes these sites so special that they deserve a place on the list of the very best here at GoodLuckMate? Well, when you bet on rugby, we understand that the process needs to be good from start to finish. As great as generous odds and bonuses are, the site needs to perform on all levels, from registration to withdrawals. The online rugby betting site needs to offer a great example. As such, here are the main criteria we consider when choosing our top sites…
Security, Licensing and Regulations
It goes without saying that we will only recommend and put forward online rugby betting sites that have been licensed and regulated by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) - considered to be the gold standard in gambling regulations across the world. The UKGC puts its licensed online casinos and top sports betting sites through rigorous testing procedures, to ensure that they are operating in a fair and transparent manner. It also means that if any dispute or issue does arise, you will be able to contact them to help resolve the issue fairly.
Welcome Offers and Bonuses
Betting on rugby is even better if you’re getting great value for money. When selecting our top rugby betting sites, we also place great emphasis on the bonuses and promotions on offer. We firstly assess the value and fairness of the welcome bonus - to make sure that it is not only generous but comes with reasonable T&Cs.
Furthermore, we look for ongoing promotions that are aimed at existing players - such as loyalty free bets, enhanced odds, money-back guarantees, event-specific promotions and more. These factors help us ensure that all of the sites we recommend give you the very best value for money all throughout your betting journey.
Mobile Betting Experience
We live in a world where mobile betting is becoming more and more popular - and, as such, we have to look at the mobile betting experience. These days, it's important that the platforms offer fully optimised mobile websites and/or downloadable betting apps for iOS and Android.
When looking through the sites, we assess the user-friendliness, speed and responsiveness of these mobile interfaces. Our aim is to make sure that you can conveniently place bets on rugby matches while on the go.
Rugby Betting Odds
As this is generally a page about the best Rugby betting sites with the best odds, offering competitive odds is a fundamental criterion. Whether it’s rugby union or rugby league betting odds, from Rugby World Cup bettingodds to Six Nations rugby betting odds and Super Rugby betting odds - we expect fair and competitive odds across the board.
While bookmakers generally use margins to gain an edge, our recommended sites will offer value. During our review process, we take the time to compare and contrast the odds offered by a variety of bookies. This analysis means that we can separate the top-priced sites from the rest. Ensuring that you have access to the best rugby odds is a key factor when we put together our list.
The range and selection of rugby markets also play a big role in how we choose our top rugby betting sites. The more markets they have, the better your betting experience. We expect the best rugby betting options to offer a wide array of outright, pre-match, rugby union and rugby league handicap betting - and in-play markets for both rugby league and rugby union competitions.
During major tournaments like the Rugby World Cup, we look for sites that offer a wide selection of betting markets to cater to all preferences.
Another important factor is the availability of diverse and convenient payment methods. We look for sites that offer common payment options, such as debit cards from Visa and MasterCard, alongside popular e-wallets like PayPal, Trustly, Skrill, or Neteller. Furthermore, we also look out for quick and easy deposits, as well as fast withdrawal processes that will allow you to get to your winnings within a reasonable timeframe.
No matter how good a site is, helpful and efficient customer support is important. We look for online rugby betting sites that offer responsive and professional 24/7 live chat, so you can be sure to receive quick assistance.
Additionally, email and free phone options should also be available for anyone who prefers alternative methods of contact. They should also be available on social media, making it even more convenient.
Finally, the industry reputation of rugby betting sites is hugely important. Our team conducts thorough background checks on each bookmaker to make sure that they have a history of fair and reliable operations. Those sites that have the best reputations are preferred - and we also take into account feedback and reviews from other bettors.
The Most Popular Rugby Betting Markets
One of the best things about rugby is its variety - and this is reflected in the wide selection of betting markets it offers. Here are some of the most popular rugby betting markets you can try out:
- Match Result: This is the most straightforward market - where you simply bet on which team you think will win… or if the match will end in a draw. The odds will vary depending on which team is the strongest and what competition or tournament it is.
- Handicap Betting: In games where there's a clear favourite, bookies usually offer handicaps to level the playing field a bit. So, for example, you could bet on a team to win with a specific handicap, such as -10.5 points etc. This will even up the betting odds a bit, making it more worthwhile betting on the favourite - and the underdog
- Total Points: This allows you to predict the total points scored in a match. You can bet on whether the final score will be over or under a set figure.
- First Try Scorer: You can also bet on what player you think will score the first try in a match. Generally, the odds will be a fair bit higher for forwards and lower for prolific try-scoring backs.
- Half-Time/Full-Time: This lets you try and predict the result at both half-time and full-time, making it a bit more challenging but offering better odds.
- Outright Betting: Here, you place a bet on the overall winner of a tournament - such as the Six Nations or Rugby World Cup. These bets last for the whole of the competition (or until the team you have bet on is knocked out).
- Try Scorer Markets: As well as the first try scorer, you can bet on a player to score a try at any time during the match.
- Winning Margin: You can also try and predict the winning team and the margin of victory. This market usually pays out pretty attractive odds - especially in games where there’s a clear favourite.
- Drop Goal Market: Another option available is betting on whether you think a drop goal will be scored during the match.
- Player Performance: The top bookies will also offer markets on individual player performance - such as the number of tackles, assists or points scored etc.
Betting on the Rugby League
The two main rugby league club competitions worldwide are Europe's Super League and Australasia's National Rugby League (NRL).
In Europe, the Super League takes place during the summer months and some of its most popular and bet on events include the Magic Weekend and the play-offs - which culminates in the Grand Final that takes place at Old Trafford. If you want to bet on the Super League, you can place match winner bets, props bets and even outright bets like Regular Season Winner, Team to Finish Bottom, Regular Season Top Try Scorer and Man of Steel award.
Over on the other side of the world, we have the Aussie National Rugby League, which brings together the top 16 teams from Australia and New Zealand who all compete for the Provan-Summons Trophy. Some of the most popular NRL betting markets include Grand Final Winning Region, Most Losses in the Regular Season and Top 8 Finish in the Regular Season.
Ultimately, Rugby league is played all over the world - Europe, Australasia, and the Pacific Island nations. However, it is The Rugby League World Cup that stands as the sport's pinnacle - where the best 16 teams in the world fight it out for the prestigious Paul Barriere Trophy. What’s more, betting options for these matches are abundant - from Handicaps and Double Chance to Highest Scoring Half and more.
Betting on the Rugby Union
Betting on the Rugby Union is also incredibly popular… and in the realm of rugby union club competitions, some of the most popular tournaments include:
- The English Premiership
- The French Top 14
- The South African Currie Cup
- Japan's League One.
As well as the above, there are numerous international club competitions such as:
- The United Rugby Championship (URC), features teams from Ireland, Italy, Scotland, South Africa and Wales.
- Super Rugby Pacific, which includes clubs from Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands.
On the international stage, the annual Six Nations tournament is a hugely popular tournament in Europe among England, France, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, and Italy. Then we have the Rugby Championship where New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina compete against each other.
However, one of the most popular Rugby Union betting markets is Rugby World Cup betting - a tournament which is held every four years and has been won by New Zealand and South Africa three times, Australia twice and England once.
Best Rugby Betting Sites and Odds Conclusion
So, hopefully, you know exactly which sites will not only offer you the best odds, rugby league and rugby union markets - and the most generous bonuses but also the safest and fairest experience. So, make sure you look through our list of top sites, pick the right one for you, find some good rugby betting tips and have a safe and fun experience.