Disclosure: GoodLuckMate.com is reader-supported. We may earn commissions if you play through links on our site.
South Africa online casinos
The gambling market in South Africa has received quite a lot of attention in the last few years due to the country’s rather strict regulations. In short, SA is one the countries in the world where online gambling has been banned but where certain exceptions have been made. Today you can find legal online casinos in South Africa that offer sports betting. For players who are on the lookout for the best casinos online in South Africa that offer slots, live casino, video poker and table games, several operators outside the country accept SA players.Our main goal here at GoodLuckMate is to find the perfect SA online casinos for you, which is why we’ve compiled a list of the very best ones. You’re free to check out the selection, and then, of course, pick one you want to play at. With just a click of a button, you’ll be at their website, ready to sign up and start playing!
- Many game categories — all with a good selection
- Site works equally well from desktop and mobile
- Four different bonuses to choose from
- More than 200 games with progressive jackpots
- Secure casino with an excellent reputation in the industry
- Lots of great games
- Excellent live casino
- Bitcoin accepted
- 24-hour support
- Mobile web design
- Cryptocurrency banking available
- Over 3,000 casino games
- Multiple live casino suppliers
- Rewarding wager-free bonuses
- Earn loyalty points from your first wager
- Unique ‘mythical gods’ casino theme
- Impressive live dealer collection
- Multiple currencies and languages available
- Secure casino with top-rated licenses
- Play with bitcoin or traditional currencies
- More than 2800 casino games
- Support through live chat, email and social media
- Free no deposit bonus when you sign up
- Licensed by Curacao eGaming
Finding the best Afrikaans casino online
The Internet is full of gambling sites, but not all of them will accept SA players, allow players to use ZAR or play in Afrikaans. Therefore, it’s always good to have a bit of a game plan before diving into a new South Africa casino online. Knowing what you’re looking for in a casino is an excellent first step. Do you want a massive welcome bonus? Are jackpot slots your main focus, or are you a high-stakes live casino player?
There’s something out there for everyone, and every gaming site has its own style and concept. But, we all recognize an online casino when we see one, and they all have some essential things in common that define the overall quality of their product. The checklist below includes some of the things you might want to consider when choosing a casino to play at.
- Can you play with ZAR as a currency, and is the site available in other SA languages?
- Does the site accept players from South Africa?
- Are South Africans able to participate in promotions and offers?
- Can you easily navigate the site on your preferred device?
- Does the casino offer the kind of games you’re planning to play?
- What license are they using? Do they have certifications of fairness?
It may seem tricky to track down the best online casinos in South Africa, but the easiest way to find them is by checking out the casino reviews here at GoodLuckMate. If you don’t want to invest a lot of time finding the answers to the questions in our checklist yourself, we’ve already supplied you with all the answers you’ll need in our reviews!
Gambling regulation – 2004 National Gambling Act
There’s always been some opposition towards gambling in SA, and in 1994, all forms of gambling were banned. Today, the National Gambling Board (NGB) follows the 2004 National Gambling Act, which allows for a slightly more open market, at least when it comes to sports betting. For sports bettors, there are operators licensed by the NGB that offer odds both online and locally, and the lottery continues to be an incredibly popular way to gamble as well.
According to the local law, operating or playing at a South African casino online is illegal, even if the operator is located outside the country’s borders. Players are, however, still able to sign up and play.
If you do decide to gamble online we strongly recommend that, at the very least, you use a vpn and some form of anonymous payment method. You will be engaging in illegal activity, so a little discretion is a wise move, even though casinos rather than players are generally the ones authorities target. But, even as a player, you could still be fined for engaging in these activities.
Casino in South Africa
Although the market for locally licensed online casinos in South Africa is limited, there are several land-based casinos throughout the country. The NGB has licensed these brick-and-mortar gambling venues, and the largest one, which is located in Cape Town, offers over 2000 different slots and table games to its visitors.
Although these land-based venues offer casino games, they do require you to be physically present to play, and depending on the venue, there may be relatively few, if any, promotions to take part in. Those who want to play from the comfort of their own homes and take part in bonuses and campaigns should pick one of the best casinos online in South Africa that we’ve collected here at GoodLuckMate.